It’s a well-known fact that Memphians are great debaters, expressing their varying opinions about everything from politics and public policy to bike lanes and Beale Street to who has the best barbecue and what should be done with the greensward in Overton Park. We feel secure in saying, however, that there’s one thing all Memphians agree on: As we move out of August and into the dog days of summer, it is, in one simple word, “HOT!” This is one thing with which Level Nine Services can offer you cool solutions to help you deal with the heat. Here are five ways we can help keep the sweat out of your swagger and enjoy the last phase of summer.
1. Doggie Care: Let us take care of the dogs during the dog days of summer. Whether you need someone to walk your dogs, take them to and from the groomer, take them to and from the veterinarian, or any other assistance you need, we can take care of any and all of your pooches’ needs while you spend your time on other things or just staying cool at home.
2. Hot dogs: How about an indoor barbecue. No, not actually barbecuing indoors, but serving and eating indoors. Invite your friends, family, co-workers, and anyone else and let us come do the outdoor grilling and prepare the side dishes. Send us a list of what you’d like to serve and we will do the shopping, bring it to your house and grill it, and provide the side dishes you would like – all while you stay inside in the cool having fun with your guests.
3. Errands: If you have a long list of errands and don’t look forward to getting in and out of your car that can reach up to 130 degrees inside in just 30 minutes parked outside, just give us a call. Send us the list. You stay home and stay cool while we run all of your errands with precision timing. Whether it’s grocery shopping, picking up laundry and prescriptions, getting fresh produce at the Memphis Farmers Market, or anything else on your list, leave that up to us and stay out of the heat.
4. Yard Work: Ugh. The very last thing you might want to be doing during these last days of summer is yard work. It’s actually dangerous during certain times of the day. Let our skilled landscape workers come cut the grass, weed eat, trim hedges, weed gardens, and anything else you might need to have a beautiful lawn without having to do it at dusk or dawn.
5. Be cool: Stay cool not just temperature-wise, but culturally as well with a Soulful Saturday “Staycation.” Get a group of friends together and let us take you on a unique Memphis journey in one of the vehicles in our fleet. We’ll start the morning by taking you to the world-renowned National Civil Rights Museum, a moving experience for tourists and locals alike. We’ll then take you to lunch at the famed Fourway Grill, Memphis’ oldest soul food restaurant and the first eatery in Memphis to be desegregated, and you can sit where Dr. Martin Luther King used to dine and enjoy everything from fried chicken and catfish, to turkey and dressing and salmon croquettes with smothered cabbage, turnip greens, yams, homemade peach cobbler with ice cream, and all the other flavors that come with an authentic Memphis soul food meal. From there, we’ll take you to the world’s only soul music museum, the Stax Museum of American Soul Music at the original site of Stax Records, where interactive exhibits, films and videos, and thousands of pieces of memorabilia will tell you the story of some of the most important music in the world, recorded right here in your home town. You could end the afternoon there, or move on for soul burgers at Earnestine & Hazel’s on South Main Street, or a secret fine dining restaurant in Downtown Memphis that doesn’t even have a sign. If you have out-of-town visitors to entertain or just want to see some of your own hometown you might not be familiar with, let us cater your experience so that it’s one you’ll never forget!